This page contains our rules and regulations which enable the Encore Needle and Crafts Club to function smoothly and serves as a guideline to protect members privileges.
Becoming A Member
You must have a valid SCW Rec Card
Active Membership Requirements
- Must have a valid SCW Rec Card
- Attend one(1) Business meeting at 9:00 AM. Meetings are held o the last Friday of the month
- Attend three (3) Friday sessions. (Cannot just sign in and leave)
- Club Officer and /or two or more of the following
- Standing Committee
- Club Projects as approved by the Executive Board
- Refreshments on meeting days or end of the month in June, July, or August
- Village Store Volunteer (work in the store, this does not qualify as monitoring
- Class or Workshop Instructor
Things that do not Qualify
Participate in Classes or Workshop
Projects not Club approved
Members are responsible for recording meetings, duties, etc. in the Red Activities Book
Qualifications for putting items in the Village Store or classes must be met by April 1st for Prior Year Members that were eligible. Other members may meet qualifications throughout the year.
Craft Fair Participants must qualify by Business Meeting in September
Active Member list of qualified persons will e posted by September 1st, showing you are able to sell at the Craft Fair
Regular hours are from 7:30 to 11:00 each Friday of the month.
Two (2) Monitors must be on duty and must pick up the key to the room at the Kuentz Rec Office at 7:15 AM the day of monitoring. Monitoring is voluntary but you must monitor at least one (2) club day during the course of the calendar year. If you have a medical issue or condition that prohibits you from doing monitoring duties, you can get a medical exemption from the monitoring requirement.
Active Member Definition
- You must attend one (1) business meeting, that occurs at 9:00 a.m. on the last Friday of each month). New members joining in June, July or August must meet all requirements, EXCEPT attending the business meeting, to participate in classes. The business meeting requirement must be met in order to qualify for all other active member status.
- Monitor at least one (1 or 2) club day during the course of the calendar year depending on membership or unless you have received a medical exemption.
- Attend three (3) Friday sessions. You can’t come and sign in and then leave in an attempt to fulfill this requirement.
- Members are responsible for recording meetings, duties and donations in the Red Activities Book.
- Qualifications for putting items in the Village Store or Classes must be met by April 1st for the Prior Year Members that were eligible. Qualifications from the previous year carry over until the 1st of April in current membership year.
- Other members may meet qualifications through the year.
- Active member list of qualified persons will be posted by September 1st by the Membership Chair showing if you are able to sell at the Craft Fair
You are required to do at least two (2) or more of the following before September Business Meeting.
- Become a Club Officer or serve on a Standing Committee.
- Contribute to club projects, as approved by the Executive Board.
- Bring refreshments on meeting days or for the end of the month business meeting in June, July or August.
- Work as a volunteer in the Village Store.
- Lead a class or workshop.
- THINGS THAT DO NOT QUALIFY ARE AS FOLLOWS: (a) donating items for auction; (b) participating in a class; (c) helping with window displays; (d) donating or working on projects that are not Club sponsored.
- A monthly business meeting is held the last Friday of each month at 9:00 a.m. No business meetings are held in June, July or August unless a special meeting has been called by the President.
- Active Members will serve on Committees. Number serving on each Committee will be determined by the Executive Board.
- The President may serve as ex-officio member of all committees, except the nominating committee.
- Permanent committees will include Safety and Audit.
- A three (3) member nominating committee will be elected by the general membership at the May meeting.
Monitor duties are located in the Procedures Book on the Monitors Desk and should be read and observed. Ask to see them prior to monitoring is you are new to monitoring. You should arrive between 7:05 and 7:15 to pick up the key at the Kuentz Rec Office. The coffee pots are now filled with water and ready for you to add coffee and do not need to be emptied at end of meeting.
Click the button to view or print Monitor Duties document.
- You MUST be an active member to sell in the Village Store, as defined above. Active members are allowed to sell in a new year but must have qualifications completed for that year by April 1st. *Qualifications from the previous year carry over until the 1st of April in the current membership year.*
- The Recreation Center will receive 16% of the selling price of your item(s) and Encore Needle & Crafts will receive 4%.
- Items will be picked up after six (6) months if they have not been sold.
- Items may not be re-submitted for at least six (6) months from the date of withdrawal. The same item may not be submitted to the Store more than twice.
- Seasonal items will be picked up after the holiday for which they were intended. *Christmas items may be submitted all year.
- All interested in selling their items in the Village Store should acquaint themselves with the procedures under Village Store in the Procedures Book located on the Monitor Desk.
Click the button to view or print detailed instructions for submitting items to the Village Store.
- All requirements must be fulfilled by the fourth (4th) Friday of the September Business Meeting to qualify for entering items into the November Sun City West Craft Fair.
- Please acquaint yourself with the Procedures under Crafts Fair located on the Monitor Desk or by clicking the button if you are interested in selling your crafts at the Fair.
- All class participants must live in Sun City West, be a Recreation Center Member AND be an ACTIVE member of the Encore Needle and Crafts Club.
- All classes will be scheduled by the present Vice President (or someone designated by the President.)
- Notice of classes will be posted one (10 month in advance of the class when possible. You can also check the calendar by clicking the Events Calendar in the Menu above. Classes and class size may be limited.
- Club Members who give workshops or classes will receive no fee. Their time may be counted as earned Volunteer hours for the Club.
- Classes may be held from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. each Friday.
- You may take a Workshop without ACTIVE member requirement. (A workshop is when several people gather to work on Charity Projects or receive instructional ideas).
- There is more information in the Procedures Book on the Monitor Desk or click the button to view more details about requirements of being a Class Instructor.
- Financial Records will be retained for a period of seven (7) years.
- An expenditure up to and including one hundred ($100.00) may be made from Club funds by other than a membership vote if approved by the Executive Board.
- Financial records must be audited on a yearly basis, by individuals other than those elected to the Executive Board.